Uptick is a fast-growing B2B SaaS business providing fire and security businesses with an easy-to-use yet powerful suite of software tools to help them run and grow their businesses.
Backed by leading global growth equity company Accel-KKR, we’re now the category leader in Australia (where the business was started by our CEO & Founder) and operate in four countries. We launched in the UK in 2021.
2023 was our best growth year yet and we have even more ambitious plans for 2024!
We’re looking for a high-energy, commercially minded B2B marketer to join our UK-based marketing team and take our content and customer community to the next level.
Reporting to our Head of Content, you’ll lead our content creation and distribution, and support our wider Growth team (marketing and sales) in cultivating a community of engaged customers, prospects and partners.
The ideal person will have:
To succeed in this role a candidate must be able to:
- Take overall responsibility for the management and delivery of the content calendar and content campaigns, from planning to evaluation.
- Own, manage and maintain our main distribution channels, including our website, social media, YouTube and email.
- Be a key point of contact for our customers in order to deliver video and written case studies, generate product reviews, and generate fresh insights for future content.
- Organise Uptick community events and build our community network.
- Work closely with the Head of Content to constantly evaluate and refine our community and content strategies.
- Support our business-wide LinkedIn strategy and be a ‘player coach’ to help team members outside of marketing with their LinkedIn content and goals.
- Support the wider business with content requests.
- Help maintain our HubSpot data, performance tracking and reporting as well as our wider marketing tech stack
To qualify for this role you'll need to:
- Previous B2B content marketing experience
- Ability to create high-quality content across multiple formats and platforms
- Strong copywriting and editing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative flair
- Experience in B2B SaaS software or a service provider to frontline industries would be preferable. Experience in fire / security isn’t required.
- Community management experience is a bonus
To qualify for this role you'll need to:
- Commercially minded - you understand the role marketing plays in a wider growth function and how to use resources efficiently
- Strategic thinker
- Highly organised
- Emotionally intelligent
- You’ll be curious, with a growth mindset
Our interview process
Our culture begins with our values:
Uptick is quickly becoming the global leader in field servicing for the building compliance niche. Having already conquered the Australian market, they are now growing in the UK, with sights set on North America and then the world.
Building compliance is an increasingly important part of maintaining the world's largest asset class - property - and Uptick's vision is to make the compliance of every building in the world visible in real time, disrupting a clunky and slow-moving industry while having an outsize positive impact on the world.
Uptick's core product, Uptick Workforce, helps companies manage their mobile workforce to perform legislatively required and often complex routine asset maintenance activities. Their product allows customers to uniquely identify every building and every piece of equipment in that building, creating opportunities for tie-ins to facility management, insurance underwriting, and local government or emergency services.
Uptick currently has 250+ customers and a 99% retention rate. Over 450,000+ buildings and nearly 10 million assets are maintained using Uptick's software every year. Their goal is to double in size in FY22/23, largely through international expansion into the NZ and UK markets.
The business recently received a significant investment round from Accel-KKR. This investment and partnership will enable Uptick to fuel their international expansion, grow their customer success capabilities and accelerate their ambitious product roadmap. This marks Uptick's fourth funding round - early investors include Australia investment firms such as Folklore Ventures and Equity Venture Partners.