This policy is governed by The Privacy Act 1988 and Privacy Regulation 2013 legislation which requires us to disclose how we collect, use, and protect personal information collected.
This document should be understood as accompanying the following documents which together form the Uptick Data Policy:
- The Uptick Platform – Data Security and Availability Policy
Your personal information
The term “Personal Information” in this policy refers to any information from which your identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained. Typically this data relates to your business, role and purpose of engagement. It is likely but not limited to:
- Phone and contact details
- Email and web details
- Business details including name, no. employees, industry, niche operations, accounting software used
How your personal information is used
In general, we collect data to provide relevant business practices and efficient service delivery. These practices include but are not limited to:
- assisting in the use, operation, and training of the Uptick Platform
- assist in the administration of service and support
- provide marketing and relevant product communications
- communicate changes to service and product
- research and investigate usage and requirements for improvements
- providing other relevant communications for improving service delivery or product
- allowing you to access the Uptick Platform and communicate with Uptick employees
Disclosure of your personal information
Uptick will not sell, exchange or disclose your personal information to any parties other than subcontractors engaged by Uptick to provide Uptick based services. These services are limited to product development, support, and delivery where deemed appropriate.
Any legal request for disclosure, subpoena or otherwise will be considered by our legal team prior to fulfillment. If legally able, we will notify you of any such request prior to providing any information.
How we collect your personal information
Your personal data may be collected from:
- our contact form, when completed on the Uptick website
- discussions at tradeshows and other industry events
- Uptick outbound sales calls
- discussions and communications with Uptick employees
- third party referrals, customers, trade colleagues and other industry representatives
- publically available resources such as Google, LinkedIn and name search
- cookies on our website that track your IP address, allowing you to navigate our website and also identify you as a returning user
You can choose not to provide your information to Uptick, and may opt out at any time. Doing so will likely restrict the level of support and service we can provide you. We will clearly mark in all communications options how to opt out.
How we protect your personal information
We inform and educate our team and subcontractors about the critical nature and legal requirements of maintaining the confidentiality, privacy, and security of your personal information. All systems used in the delivery of product and services are password protected. Each also has multiple layers of security profiling setup.
Access is limited to employees who require the information for the delivery of services and products as identified prior.
Updates to policy
Uptick reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. Any changes will become effective immediately upon publishing to the Uptickhq.com website. We will communicate all changes through the Uptick Blog and release notes (indicated by the rotating star) provided within the platform to all users, excluding end-customer portal logins.
Policy last updated: October 2017
Request and complaint process
You may request access to personal information about you that we hold and you may ask us to correct your personal information if you find that it is not accurate, up-to-date or complete.
We will respond to complaints and requests within 10 working days and resolve them within 25 working days. If the request or complaint will take longer to resolve, we will provide you with a date by which we expect to respond.